Thursday, June 4, 2009

Reach Out and Grab Ya!


Austin has achieved a level of manual dexterity consistent with the number of months of his short life. Huh? He's grabbing everything! Without even looking, he will grab a fistful of hair and hold onto it like his life depends on it. It very well might feel like it to him when we are going up and down the stairs for one thing or another. He's also very adept at grabbing dangly earrings and tugging on them. Whenever my hair and earrings are unavailable, he tugs on the toys on his play mat and bouncy seat and gives them a good yanking. "Take that you orange monkey. I'll show you who's boss! Oh dang it, I lost my grip. Gonna have to start all over again."


He even grabbed Mickey's nose when we were at Disney World! It was pretty dang adorable. We didn't capture it on film (film...who uses film anymore?), but in this picture you can see that he's thinking about it. "Mickey, I don't wanna shake hands. I wanna grab that big nose of yours."

No comments: