Friday, June 19, 2009

Austin has been weighed and measured...

...and found healthy! Austin went for his 4-month well check this week. He's 25.4" long, weighs 15.13 lbs and his head is 16.4" in diameter. He's in the 75th percentile for both weight and height and in the 30th percentile for head size. The doctor told me the lower percentile for head size is no cause for concern. When I told Brent this later that evening, he said "Yeah, I've got a small head". Now as a wife, there is NOTHING I could say to that comment that would be right. Things like "yes, but we love you anyway" or "sure it is but you make up for it in other areas" just wouldn't go over well. I opted to change the subject and said, "Uh-huh, what would you like for dinner?" Call me a coward if you must.

Next on the agenda for Austin is solid foods. I am both excited and terrified
at the prospect of adding yet another routine to a day that doesn't already have enough hours. We're going to start giving him rice cereal at dinner time. I think he will enjoy being a participant during the evening meal and not just hanging out in the bouncy seat on the floor where he is a target for dogs swooping in and giving him a lick!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, as a wife you are right that you couldn't say much but as a sister I have soooo many things running thru my head that I could have said!! LOL Well I'm glad he's doing great! And yeah for the solid foods. Maybe Brenna will be excited about helping feed him. She's always been a big helper.
We miss and love y'all.

Lots of love, hugs, & kisses,
Auntie Amie