Wednesday, July 1, 2009

She wants out!

Brenna: "Mommy, I don't want to be part of this family anymore."
Mommy (after taking calming breaths): "Why don't you want to be part of our family?"
Brenna: "Because we don't have a piano."

You can imagine my relief when she didn't say something like "because I don't love you anymore" or "because you ruined my life by bringing Austin into it". Okay, here's the back story to make this all make sense. Last Friday we went to Alex and Ayden's house for a play date. They have a piano in their basement, and Brenna enjoyed "playing" it. Apparently in Brenna's 5-year-old mind, having a piano is nirvana. She asked Brent why we don't have a piano. He told her it was because she had so many toys that there wasn't room for one. She just looked at him like he'd just grown horns on the top of his head.

1 comment:

Grammie said...

I just love this story. Thanks for sharing it