Tuesday, April 21, 2009

9 weeks and a half

Nine and a half weeks has brought us more sleep! Austin has consistently slept for 5-7 hours each night for about a week now. Brent still has the magic touch when putting him to bed at night, but I managed to get him down last night without any fuss. This is a good thing as Brent is traveling to the Phoenix auction for a couple of days. To say that I'm nervous about managing two kids by myself is an understatement. I guess it will just make us appreciate him even more when he gets back. He's such a lucky guy...Phoenix has a Whataburger restaurant. For those of you who don't know what a Whataburger is, it's only the best hamburger out there (fast food wise) and one of the things we miss most about Texas besides family.

Okay, back to Austin. He's smiling a lot and actually let out a spontaneous laugh the other day. He just looked at Brent and busted out laughing. Must have been a joke between the two of them, because I didn't witness anything funny. We are trying to capture these moments on video, but sometimes he's camera shy. Below is a video showing his grin. Brent's family does this tickle game and Austin loves it. The words are fardbinder, eye-winker, tom-tinker, nose-smeller, mouth-eater, chin-chopper, gully, gully, gully. You'll understand it better when you watch the video.

Austin is getting better about holding up his head. He's not as floppy when I hold him up on my shoulder and can keep his head up when you lift him from a lying position by his hands. He can also hold his head up for a good amount of time while he's on his tummy.

We went for his 2 month well-check last week and he weighs over 12 pounds and is 23 inches long. People who hadn't seen him in a few weeks no longer say "he's so tiny". I guess he's getting enough to eat!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, when I was little I would just look at Brent and laugh too. It's just something about him. I love the tickle game too and I'm glad that Austin enjoys it. Kassadie stills wants me to do it to her sometimes. The video was cute.
I can't wait to see y'all and finally meet Austin. Just a little longer.
Lots of love, hugs, & kisses,
Auntie Amie