Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Five weeks old!

Don't you just want to kiss my chubby cheeks?

Okay, so he isn't quite 6 weeks old yet, so this post isn't technically late, right? I would have posted 4 week photos, but we were kind of distracted with the whole spend 3 days in the hospital thing. 5 week pics will have to suffice. It's hard to believe that Austin has been a part of our lives for over 5 weeks now. It seems like just yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital.

Austin is doing well. He's growing, sleeping, eating and filling up diapers just like any new baby should. When we visited the doctor last Friday, he weighed 9 lbs 14 oz! No wonder my back is starting to hurt...big lug. We are still trying to find the right combination of eating and sleeping positions at night. Last night, he didn't go to sleep until almost midnight, but arms-out-swaddling and sleeping on his side yielded almost 4 blessed hours of sleep. That's a huge improvement from the 1.5 to 2.5 he'd been doing since we came home from the RSV hospital stay! We'll see if that combo works again tonight. The best sleep comes from car rides and laying on Mommy's or Daddy's chest. Hey, who can blame him there. He also loves to snuggle in the Baby Bjorn carrier, so that might be the answer when I start working from home in the next couple of weeks.

Knowing that this will be our last adventure with babies, we are trying to soak up every moment and not lament the trials and tribulations although that's a tall order at 2 or 3 in the morning. I think it might be harder to go back to work this time than it was with Brenna, but go back I must.

I hope you enjoy the photos. I'll try to post 6 week pics in the coming days.

Staring off in the distance (yes, the distance is only like 12 inches away)!


If I could only lift my head up and move it exactly where I wanted it, that pacifier would be mine!

Is tummy time really necessary? But look at me holding up my head!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!! He is sooo cute. I can't wait to love on him in May. I'm glad he is doing great again. He is still really look like Brent. And yes I would just love to kiss on those chubby cheeks.
Give him and Brenna a kiss and hug from Auntie Amie.
Lots of love to you all!!
Amie