Thursday, March 5, 2009

Austin's Blog - Day 3, Feb 14

Sorry I haven't kept up with my blog as diligently as some may like. This sleeping, eating and filling my diapers takes up more time each day than I thought it would. So where were we? Oh yeah, Day 2 was not so good with the circumcision thing. On Day 3, we did something called "going home". Mommy was sure excited to get out of the hospital. I'm not sure why. The nice nurses brought her medicine when she was hurting and the dietary ladies brought her meals whenever she was hungry. What's not to like? She kept talking about how uncomfortable the bed was and how she couldn't get any rest. Ha! Just you wait Mommy!

Anyway, we waited around for the baby doctor (still watching him like a hawk) and Mommy's doctor to check us out so we could leave. Boy, was that a process. Who knew I needed so much stuff! There were diaper bags from the hospital with lots of goodies, flower arrangements (sure wish I could see that far; I'm sure they're beautiful), luggage, cameras and Brenna's toys. After several trips to the car, Daddy said we were ready. The nice nurse wheeled Mommy out to the car, and I rode in this think called a car seat. Lots of straps holding me down. Not quite sure if I'm liking it, but both Mommy and Daddy gave me no choice...something about safety...whatever I'm a boy aren't I supposed to live on the edge?

We arrived home, which for me wasn't much different...still sleeping, eating and filling my diaper, but Mommy and Daddy sure did seem happy. I think I heard Mommy sigh with relief the first night she slept in her own bed...something about how soft the sheets are. Too bad she won't get to spend much time in them! ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this blog!! Austin/Polly does such a great job keeping us updated!! Keep it going please!!

Love, Aunt Amie