Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Austin's Blog - Day 2, Feb 13

It started out like any other normal day (at least compared to Day 1; hey, it's all I've got for perspective). Woke up, had a little breakfast courtesy of Mommy, had a little nap, Daddy and Brenna came for a visit... Mommy took a shower (Daddy said she really needed one) while Brenna and Daddy held me. The next thing I know, the baby doctor came into the room and told Daddy he'd be ready for me in about 10 minutes. I wasn't sure what that meant. Up until now visits from the baby doctor had been pretty pleasant. He would listen to my heart and breathing, check out my umbilical cord and check my weight, so naturally I had nothing to fear. Boy was I naive.

So 10 minutes go by and the baby doctor comes back to let us know everything is set up. Daddy came with me this time; that should have been my first clue that I should have stayed behind with Mommy and Brenna. We go down to the nursery and the baby doctor does what he called a circumcision. The word sounds innocent enough, but believe me IT IS NOT! All I can say is OUCH and DON'T TOUCH IT!

Mommy says that I won't even remember that it happened once it heals, but I'm not so sure. I'm going to keep my eye on the baby doctor from now on.

No comments: