Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Firsts for the 1st Grader

Yesterday was the first day of 1st Grade for Brenna. She amazed us again this year by not only walking to school (not alone mind you), but also entering this new phase of her life with anticipation and enthusiasm. The teacher greeted her at the door, showed her to her desk and gave her a writing assignment. Brenna promptly dove into the task at hand. I had to ask her if she wanted a hug or a kiss before I left. Her response was kind of like "oh yeah, that might be a good idea." Being in a new school in a new town with new kids, I expected pleas of "don't leave me Mommy", but there was none of that from my big 1st Grader.Doesn't Brent look cute with his new backpack?

Mommy, why must you make me look into the sun?

At her desk ready for some fine Texas learning!

1 comment:

Auntie Amie said...

She is so adorable!! And Brent looks pretty cute carring that backpack too. She is getting so big. I'm glad she had a great day since everything is "new". I'm sure she made new friends quickly too since she is very outgoing.

Can't wait to see y'all soon.

Miss & love y'all lots!!

Lots of love, hugs, & kisses,

Auntie Amie