Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Paint and Earth Day

Brenna loves to paint, but I don't care for the prep work and the mess of painting. Plus after about 15 minutes, she's bored with it all and then I have to clean up after her. For the longest time, these were the types of paints we had in our arts and crafts bin. I'd get a plate down from the cabinet and squeeze a little of each color(well a lot of pink and purple, because those are her FAVORITE colors) onto it. And then after a little while, a request for more paint would be made. Will the madness ever end?


A little over a year ago I discovered these little jewels.

Finally some paints that don't require me pouring them out onto a plate. She can easily open the lids and the rainbow of colors makes her happy. There are not one but TWO shades of pink in the packet. The only draw back is the paint runs out fairly quickly. We found ourselves in the running out of paint situation recently. It looked like I was going to have to buy more paint pots to feed her painting addiction. But in a moment of sheer genius and in honor of the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day, I painstakingly cleaned out the empty paint pots and refilled them from the paint jars. Am I going to save the earth with this small contribution to recycling? No. But I am going to grin with joy the next time she asks me if she can paint, and I can tell her "Yes, you can sweetheart. You go right ahead!"

No comments: