Tuesday, December 22, 2009

And the Walls Came Tumbling Down

When we moved out west, I knew we were getting in "quake" territory. I just never imagined one would hit so close to the holidays and wreck our gingerbread house. Walmart should sell disaster insurance along with their crappy-doesn't-hold-together-worth-a-darn icing. I guess saving money isn't everything. And yes,I followed the directions and let the icing sit the requisite 15 minutes before decorating. I even used a timer. It was the longest 15 minutes of my life with Brenna asking every 30 seconds or so "Can we decorate it now?" Even the icing on the windows ran. Sheesh.
I guess the one good thing that came out of it was I actually got to taste the gingerbread house this year...not bad, so I guess I have to give Walmart kudos for good gingerbread. Normally the house sits and collects dust and I'm all "Um, this is going in the trash and no, you can't eat the gray pieces of candy. Are you nuts child?" Never fear a replacement gingerbread house has been purchased. Construction is slated to begin December 24, 2009. Stay tuned for further updates and photos.

No comments: